"Building community ... working together."
The Highland West Neighbors Association is committed to outstanding community gardens wherein residents of our community can have a space of their own and grow fresh produce for themselves and their families. Through the generosity of many, we have been able to purchase the double lot and it is now the property of the Highland West Neighbors Association for the benefit of the residents of Highland West. Through grants given to us in 2012 and 2013 by the United Way Neighborhood Partnership Grant Fund, The Scotts Miracle-Gro Grant Fund, and the City of Columbus/Franklin County Community Garden Grant Program giving us funds, we have been able to completely reconfigure the entire growing area, install water, and will be able to provide gardening space for 36 families in 2014 to grow fresh produce for their households in an area that is in great need of fresh food. Right now, we are in the process of finishing it all off with a wonderful social area in the back area of the property. Your donations of time through volunteering are of immense importance to the success of our garden. There is room for many more volunteers as we continue to strive to make Highland West a better place. There is a lot to be excited about these days in Highland West, so COME join us, and BE A PART OF THE CHANGE!
Location: 29 N. Wheatland Avenue, Highland West
Latest Activity: Feb 1, 2017
1. Initially each individual/family will be allowed to have one (1) to two (2) plots. more can be obtained once all have had a chance to request them.
2. A fee of $10.00 will be required for each plot to assist in payment of the water bill for the site.
3. Each plot will be under the control of, and taken care of, by its individual gardener(s).
4. Crops raised will be the choice of the plot's gardener, along with their style of gardening, provided it is legal, does not interfere with anyone else using the garden, nor with the day to day management of the garden itself.
5. Use of the garden for gardening and relaxation will be during daylight hours only! After hours may be considered trespassing and could result in arrest.
6. No illegal activity, no alcohol, no drug, and no pets will be permitted on the garden grounds.
7. These rules, along with a waiver, must be signed by each individual participant prior to the commencement of gardening their plots.
8. The Highland West Garden will be available for all our residents to use, and also open and inclusive of those who live outside the boundaries of our community.
9. These rules may be amended from time to time, and added to, at the discretion of the Board of The Highland West Neighbors Association.